Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 119

Thread: Lipstick on a pig?

  1. #71
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    Wow. Biden knows more than she'll ever know.</div></div>

    Pretty broad statement/judgment from someone just old enough to participate in a presidential election for the first time. I see now why you receive so many negative comments thrown your way.
    To support a party that is pro-abortion and pro-gay speaks volumes about your moral compass.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  2. #72
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Projection- A prediction or an estimate of something in the future, based on present data or trends.

    Right now the states project to go to Obama puts him ahead in the electoral votes.
    </div></div>

    DEWEY WINS! DEWEY WINS! DEWEY WINS!
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  3. #73
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    It speaks volumes that someone who is just now allowed to vote is more open minded to the change that is needed and sees the real issues rather than the lies the Republicans sell you on T.V.

    Republicans run on the moral values ticket, all while their purses swell. There are no moral values in Washington anymore, and these aren't your grandaddies republicans. They employ fear and scare tactics to win over votes, and let us not forget which party ruled Washington when the worst act of terror ever was committed on American soil. They preach thrifty spending, when in the meantime we are involved in a rediculously stupid war that costs taxpayers 350 million dollars daily.

    The gay thing, is it so bad? Regardless of what washington does, they are still gay. They will still be scroggin, still be marching, and they will still be wanting their rights,. Rights I believe they are entitled to, and I don't believe you can give me one single reason why they shouldn't be.

    Abortion shouldn't even be an issue. I agree it is misused alot of the time, but I also agree there are times when it is needed. Even it is made illegal, there will be people in street corners doing it with coat hangers, and women birthing children only to abandon them in dumpsters. Roe v. Wade. Enough said.

    I also think it speaks volumes that after the last four years that Republicans can even hold their heads above ground. I would be embarrased, and change my ways. But maybe you like the current state of our country, and believe that four more years of this bullshit is the best way to go.

    Also,that this farce is even being talked about and still dominating the air waves when the issues should be being discussed just proves the underhandedness of the Reps...

  4. #74
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    Wow. Biden knows more than she'll ever know.</div></div>

    Pretty broad statement/judgment from someone just old enough to participate in a presidential election for the first time. I see now why you receive so many negative comments thrown your way.
    To support a party that is pro-abortion and pro-gay speaks volumes about your moral compass.
    </div></div>

    Whether I am 18 or 88, my vote counts just as much. And also I am old to use Google and do some research, unlike the 72 yr old Mccain who is incapable of doing so. Its not pro-abortion or pro-gay, it pro-choice and pro-gay rights. It is none of my business what someone does, whether it be abortion or gay. As Coeburn-Cane pointed it out the other day, it is not the killing of babies like most believe and I have the same stance on abortion as he does on it. As for gays I am a christian and do think it is wrong in the eyes of God, but it is Gods job to judge not mine, yours, or others. I believe God loves them just as much as he loves me and you, its their choice and not my place to criticize or cast judgment. Doesnt it say in the Bible something like "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"? I assure you that there are members of the GOP who are in favor with pro choice and/or pro-gay rights views. Isnt Mitt Romney pro-choice, i think? So my morals are just fine, IMO the foundation of 'good morals' is acceptance of others.

  5. #75
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Projection- A prediction or an estimate of something in the future, based on present data or trends.

    Right now the states project to go to Obama puts him ahead in the electoral votes.
    </div></div>

    DEWEY WINS! DEWEY WINS! DEWEY WINS! </div></div>

    If you look at a post I made a day or two ago I said the same thing, sorta. It was replying to the Gallup polls PVVike brought up, a Mccain supporter btw.

  6. #76
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    Wow. Biden knows more than she'll ever know.</div></div>

    Pretty broad statement/judgment from someone just old enough to participate in a presidential election for the first time. I see now why you receive so many negative comments thrown your way.
    To support a party that is pro-abortion and pro-gay speaks volumes about your moral compass.
    </div></div>

    Whether I am 18 or 88, my vote counts just as much. And also I am old to use Google and do some research, unlike the 72 yr old Mccain who is incapable of doing so. Its not pro-abortion or pro-gay, it pro-choice and pro-gay rights. It is none of my business what someone does, whether it be abortion or gay. As Coeburn-Cane pointed it out the other day, it is not the killing of babies like most believe and I have the same stance on abortion as he does on it. As for gays I am a christian and do think it is wrong in the eyes of God, but it is Gods job to judge not mine, yours, or others. I believe God loves them just as much as he loves me and you, its their choice and not my place to criticize or cast judgment. Doesnt it say in the Bible something like "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"? I assure you that there are members of the GOP who are in favor with pro choice and/or pro-gay rights views. Isnt Mitt Romney pro-choice, i think? So my morals are just fine, IMO the foundation of 'good morals' is acceptance of others. </div></div>

    We are our brothers' keeper, and are instructed to minister to a brother or sister who is "taken in a fault". Judge as in condemn? No! Judge as in calling it like it is? Yes! Abortion is murder, and the blood of the innocents cry out to God for judgment on this country. I believe that judgment is already happening, and the economic, social, and even environmental upheaval are all part of it. If God does not call the US to task for the US' proclivity for these specific sins, He will have to go back and apologize to the nations He destroyed in eons past. Was/is God wrong? Never!
    You can fall back on your "I have my opinion and its as good as anyone else's" all you want, but God will hold you responsible for your opinion on these moral issues, just as He holds me to mine.
    If we lived in Old Testament times, we wouldn't even be discussing it, as such activities would earn a stoning from the community at the direction of God Almighty.
    And yes, it is your business if you're a Christian. It is very much your business.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  7. #77
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duckmeat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It speaks volumes that someone who is just now allowed to vote is more open minded to the change that is needed and sees the real issues rather than the lies the Republicans sell you on T.V.

    Republicans run on the moral values ticket, all while their purses swell. There are no moral values in Washington anymore, and these aren't your grandaddies republicans. They employ fear and scare tactics to win over votes, and let us not forget which party ruled Washington when the worst act of terror ever was committed on American soil. They preach thrifty spending, when in the meantime we are involved in a rediculously stupid war that costs taxpayers 350 million dollars daily.

    The gay thing, is it so bad? Regardless of what washington does, they are still gay. They will still be scroggin, still be marching, and they will still be wanting their rights,. Rights I believe they are entitled to, and I don't believe you can give me one single reason why they shouldn't be.

    Abortion shouldn't even be an issue. I agree it is misused alot of the time, but I also agree there are times when it is needed. Even it is made illegal, there will be people in street corners doing it with coat hangers, and women birthing children only to abandon them in dumpsters. Roe v. Wade. Enough said.

    I also think it speaks volumes that after the last four years that Republicans can even hold their heads above ground. I would be embarrased, and change my ways. But maybe you like the current state of our country, and believe that four more years of this bullshit is the best way to go.

    Also,that this farce is even being talked about and still dominating the air waves when the issues should be being discussed just proves the underhandedness of the Reps... </div></div>

    If Clinton had taken care of business with Bin Laden and others, 9-11 would have never happened, so don't bring that up as the Rep's fault.

    If you see nothing wrong with what God calls an "abomination", then we have nothing to discuss. Take it up with Him, and see what you bring away from that discussion.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  8. #78
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYNI5RPOlp4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYNI5RPOlp4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    Don't blame this on Clinton, it isn't his fault. Actually, listen to his thoughts on it. Typical conservative view though, keep swallowing the lies they feed you.

    Also, George Bush sure has done alot to take care of Bin Laden hasn't he? I guess a was based on false pretenses with Iraq is more important...Regardless of whose fault it was, they still use 9/11 as a way to get votes. ie Being the video shown at the convention, using horrifying images long taken off of the air by most news groups. But as they had control over all major news channels, what a chance to create more fear.

    As for they gay thing, I also am a Christian, and I disagree with it. However, I honestly believe people are born gay. Maybe not all, maybe not even most, but some. I just can't imagine waking up one day and thinking "Hmm...I think I'd love to get railed in my ass today."

    But that being said, aren't we a land where any religion can be followed so long as it doesn't interfere with others? How does two people being gay interfere with your daily life? If you oppose it, tell them you believe it is wrong, God isn't going to be mad at you. But to deny these people of their rights is unconstitutional, and that is all I'm getting at.

  9. #79
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    Have you heard of aids? Where did it come from? I have several family members working in the medical profession, so the threat of one of them contracting aids by accident is very real. Therefore, a disease brought on by gay men affects the daily lives on everyone in the world. As for being born that way, do you really believe God is allowing someone to be born into a no-win situation? Not me. Again, if you're a Christian, take that matter up with Him. He wrote the book.

    Clinton had more than one opportunity to take care of matters. You're believing a proven liar, one who was impeached for lying?

    I'll say it again, if GWB had lied about Iraq, why hasn't the Dem controlled Congress impeached him? Because they don't have a case. Am I defending Bush? No, he's the most inept presidnt we've had since I've been alive ( well, since Jimmy Carter anyway). I will say this for him, though, he stopped the attacks on Americans on American soil.
    As for showing those videos, they should show them once a week. We need to be reminded of what will happen if we let our guard down, even for a second.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  10. #80
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Lipstick on a pig?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see, the attacks on Obama's religion, the blasphemy ads calling Obama "The One"..the comparing of Obama with Britney and Paris(major low blow) etc...And one time Obama says something that MIGHT be taken as an insult to Palin none the less, theres an uproar. Give it a damn break and get over it. </div></div>

    What is Obama's religion anyway? </div></div>


    Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Mormon, Catholic....you name it, whatever suits him at the moment. I've heard practically everything, except Druid. But I'm sure if you see Obama giving any speeches near Stonehenge in the future, he'll be painted purple, naked, and running through the woods afterwards. (Pagan ritual)
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •